The environmental assessment process can be complex and time-consuming. We support Indigenous groups and proponents through all stages of the environmental assessment process to ensure that communities have the information needed to understand the potential project impacts on their rights, lands, and people through:
- Regulatory Guidance: We provide expert support for regulatory processes across Indigenous, provincial, territorial, and federal jurisdictions to allow proponents to meet regulatory requirements.
- Engagement & Negotiation: We facilitate respectful relationships between Indigenous groups, project proponents, and government regulators to optimize participation and outcomes. We develop strategies to facilitate meaningful dialogue to reach desired outcomes that are fair and just for all parties.
Traditional Knowledge and Traditional Use Studies:
We work with Indigenous groups to ensure their interests and rights are upheld throughout regulatory processes. Together with the groups, we work to integrate traditional knowledge and traditional use information into environmental assessments such that it is considered alongside other assessment data and information.
Part of our work involves undertaking socio-economic assessments to understand the beneficial and adverse social and economic effects of a given project. We work with Indigenous groups, government, and industry to identify ways of avoiding or minimizing social and economic effects and enhancing project benefits.
We assess project impacts across ecological components and develop management plans and monitoring programs that combine both western and Indigenous knowledge. We support Indigenous groups with third party reviews of environmental, social, and regulatory documents to incorporate community concerns with respect to Aboriginal rights.
We facilitate meetings, workshops, committees, and two-way communications through many mediums between Indigenous groups, stakeholders, public, government, and industry. We build unique strategies and approaches that enable open and respectful dialogue allowing participants to work together, build relationships, and achieve desired outcomes. Our facilitators adapt to dynamic environments and conversations to ensure a shared understanding throughout the process.
Ready to get in touch?
- Streamlines policy, planning, and project development
- Supports regulatory processes
- Facilitates cross-sector collaboration
- Maximizes Indigenous opportunity and community participation
- Provides strategic guidance to minimize risk
- Delivers time-cost savings
- Enhances project credibility